July 14, 2005

Self-esteem

I was talking to a couple of people today about my self-esteem and they said some very interesting things to me. They said that everyone has some sort of insecurity. So that made me realize the only real difference lies in whether or not they let others see what is really going on inside of them. That's where my transparency gets to me the most: I can't hide like everyone else. However, lately I've been learning that it's okay to be me and that I can't be anyone else, and I'm doing what I can to work out my issues with God. I don't think we ever make it, but have to work on ourselves for the rest of our lives, and we should be helping one another move forward. It's actually comforting to me to know that I'm improving as a person, even though it is so hard at times. Besides, being me isn't so bad :) I need to stop apologizing for who I am.

How could I not be afraid you would leave
When any words spoken regarding us where fragile
Unsure, balancing precariously on the edge
Never knowing when one shallow breath would see us fail
How could I not be afraid you would leave?

No comments: