March 02, 2007

Struggles

I was thinking about relationships and struggles this morning. I have said to Chad on more than one occasion: "I don't want to have to struggle". However, this morning I was thinking about it and I realized that most, if not all, couples struggle with something at some point, and those struggles last for varying periods of time. So I guess I'm going to have struggles in my life, no matter who I'm with. If I have to go through struggles in this life, then there's no one else I'd rather go through them with than you sweets. I think I'm starting to understand why you say you look forward to the hard times as much as the good times.

3 comments:

J Man said...

Struggles are where the seeds of personal growth begin to sprout.

Michael Tkachuk said...

The drama of resolving the struggle is what keeps your relationship interesting. All great movies have adversity, struggle and conflict. It is conflict that makes those movies worth watching. Choose to enjoy the drama when it comes as it will make you guys stronger if you allow it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the struggles will come - but they are always so much fun to make up for afterwards.