November 01, 2006
Stepping Out
I've been thinking a lot lately about stepping into the unknown and taking that risk that could end up being good or bad. I'm discovering that, in my opinion, I entertain quite a bit of fear when it comes to the unknown. I find I'm still affected by my past, and I'm so determined not to get hurt or disappointed like that again that I find myself immobilized. I see that as a very bad thing. I don't want to get stuck. I want to move forward in life with excitement instead of not moving because of fear. So today I took a step into the darkness of leadership. I'm fairly certain this will be a growing experience for me and that I will be stretched quite a bit. I also think this role could help me achieve some things that I haven't been able to yet. It isn't a role that I've ever imagined myself in, but I'm willing to give it a try. I pray that I do a good job and that people will show me mercy and grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that it is so cool that you have said "Yes" to this... it's going to be an amazing journey!
I too think it's going to be great to have you involved.
I think you've been around for the whole journey so far and that gives you a strong perspective of knowing where we've trying to go and you'll bring a fresh perspective on where we are.
Bravo. Good choice!
Post a Comment