October 18, 2006

Disturbed

While having lunch with a friend, I overheard two girls talking. I wasn't really paying much attention to them until I heard one of them say, emphatically: "Christianity is a fraud. Jesus was a Jewish politician." Now I can't get it out of my head and it disturbs me.

2 comments:

EGB said...

Anyone who has read any portion of the Gospels knows that Jesus was the antithesis of a politician. The leaders of his day wanted him to be just that, and refusing to wield the (supposed) power of politics is part of what got him killed. I just love the musings of the uninformed!

However, on the day he returns, he'll demonstrate what true politics is - as King of kings.

Jilly said...

Eric, I wish I could have a pocket version of you to carry around with me so that I could say intelligent things like that in those moments :)