September 15, 2005

Lost

I think I've lost sight of what I'm living for. I feel like I've traded in the big picture for a look through a microscope, and I'm getting caught up in the little things that are so fast and furious, and I can't see past them. What really matters in life? What am I living for? What am I focusing on? What should I care about and what should I just let go of? These are the questions that have decided to storm my mind's castle without warning. There's nothing wrong with that though. It's good to entertain those questions every once in a while to make sure you're still on the right road. Otherwise you'll end up in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart of life and wonder how you managed to end up there.

2 comments:

J Man said...

The great thing about Wal-Mart parking lots is that you can park your camper there overnight without charge. But, I don't think they like you to do that for too long.....

I wish this naval-gazing didn't creep up so slowly. If it would just jump on us, so we could notice it, we'd be able to stay focused on what really matters. Instead, we ease into mediocrity (you'll have to fix my spelling, I think) without even realizing where we're going.
It's like sitting in a hot bath for too long. Before we know it, our skin's all wrinkly and we're cold right to the core.

Anonymous said...

I like that your mind is a castle. Makes me wonder what mine is. Doesn't feel like a castle, though, so maybe that is something I need to think about. I guess ones needs to ask the thought whether it is a friend or foe before you pour hot oil from the ramparts or let down the drawbridge.

I am going to add your blog link to the list on my site tonight.

alanna